Game Day, Pangloss Style
Chili Lime Tortilla Chips with Creamy Avocado Dip
Ingredients For the Chili Lime Tortilla Chips:
(1) bag of Tortilla Chips - Chef Tim likes the thick restaurant style and gets his at a local Mexican Market
(2) each Lime Zest and Juice (separated)
To taste - Chili Lime Seasoning (Tajin works great too)
1. Lay out chips on a baking sheet and toast in a 375* oven until hot and oils are sizzling (about 5 minutes).
2. Zest limes (save for dip), and sprinkle juice over hot chips.
3. Dust chili lime seasoning over chips
Ingredients for Creamy Avocado Cumin Dip:
(1) Garlic Clove Minced
(1/2) tsp. Toasted Cumin Powder - Chef Tim toasts the fresh seeds in a pan and grinds them with a mortar and pestle.
(1) c. Mexican Crema (Crème Fraîche or Sour Cream also works)
To Taste - Fresh Minced Chilis - Chef Tim uses fresh Jalepeño Chilis
(1/2) bunch - Cilantro (rough chopped)
To Taste - Kosher Salt
1. Add all ingredients into a blender on medium speed to smooth and creamy dip consistency. Thin if needed with a tablespoon or two of water.
2. Serve your dip alongside the chips, and garnish with your favorite pico de gallo.